Dr. Ali Bouattour and Dr Abdeljeli Ghram (IPT), Dr. Alessandra Torina and Valeria Bland (IZS) participated to the fist joint AITVM and STVM conference (4-8 September, 2016).
The conference was organized by the Institute for Parasitology and Tropical Veterinary Medicine and the FAO Reference Centre for Veterinary Public Health of the Freie Universität Berlin under the aegis of the Association of Institutions for Tropical Veterinary Medicine (AITVM) and the Society for Tropical Veterinary Medicine (STVM). The following research and development topics were addressed:
- Disease control: global, local and sustainable
- Zoonotic diseases and One Health approach
- Emerging and re-emerging diseases
- Vector borne diseases
- Diseases and trade
- Drug resistance
- Food safety
- Genetic resources, biodiversity and animal production
- Rural development and production
- Training and capacity building Animal Welfare
Their participation was related to four posters reporting their results on tick borne diseases obtained in the framework of RESTUS Project.